SketchUp for Solar PV Systems- International
Online Short Course – Start Today!
SketchUp for solar PV systems is a complete course for you to create professional 3D models and 2D drawings in one day!
SketchUp by Trimble is arguably the most widely used computer aided design software in the world today. It’s offered in free and paid versions, and allows users to draw and design in 3D.
This course provides step-by-step video instruction for drafting a commercial solar PV system in SketchUp. View the project you will complete in the video below:
You will learn to:
- Use Nearmap, Google maps and Sketchup’s inbuilt location function.
- Use Sketchup tools to create a realistic view of existing buildings including all features of the roof.
- Correctly place PV modules on the roof.
- Perform Shading analysis to optimise your system design.
- Create AC and DC SLDs to include in your reports.
- Create professional site plans and string layouts.
- Use the flyover video tool to impress your clients.
- Export your SketchUp data to use in AutoCAD and PVsyst.
Please Allow 1 Business Day for Enrolment details to be emailed to you after purchase.
It is assumed that students have existing knowledge of Grid-Connected PV Systems.
It is possible to complete this course without a SketchUp licence. However, we highly recommend that students have access to the SketchUp Pro or Studio full licence or trial version.
Delivery Method and Duration
Delivery is online comprising video content, theory, and a simulation-based assessment in response to a design scenario where you can apply the knowledge that you have learnt throughout the course. Tutor support is available if required.
This online course is self-paced. We estimate it may take approximately 6 hours to complete, however this can vary. Course access is valid for 12 months.
Materials and Equipment
A computer, laptop, tablet, or phone with reliable internet access is required.
This course uses SketchUp Pro which can be downloaded for a free 30 day trial or purchased here.
Cancellation and Refunds
A full refund is available within 14 days of purchase, on the condition that the student/s have not yet logged into the student portal. Due to the online nature of the course, no refunds are possible once the course has been accessed on the student portal.